These black yogis inspire us
Rachel is an author, spiritual activist and of course yogini. She is committed to black and indigenous women as well as LGBTQIA+. On her Instagram channel, she regularly shares content on racism from which you can learn.
Laruga is one of the most famous and best yoga teachers worldwide. She regularly gives Ashtanga Mysore hours, also online, and currently lives in Stockholm.
Sarah Desai is a coach for personal and spiritual development. In addition, she is a bestselling author and hosts a successful podcast.
Giulia is a yoga teacher and lives in Milano, Italy. On her channel she shares various insights into her life and inspiring yoga content.
Jessamyn Stanley is a yoga teacher and is committed to body positivity. She shows that you can make yoga with every body. She also is a successful author and podcaster.
Michelle is not only a yoga teacher, she also works as an activist against racism and for social justice. She has already published some books and is popular with her own podcast.
Vanessa takes us into her everyday life on her Instagram account and gives us regular insights. She is a yoga teacher and model living in LA, USA.
Learn more about People of Color in the Yoga World
You want to know more about black women in the yoga community or deal with the topic of racism? We have compiled some books and podcasts that will bring the story of black people and yoga closer to you.
- "Balanced Black Girl " (Podcast)
- "Black Girl in OM " (Podcast)
- "Why i’m No Longer Talking to White People About Race" by Reni Eddo-Lodge (book)
- "Every Body Yoga" By Jessamyn Stanley (book)
- "Radical Dharma. Talking Race, Love, and Liberation" By Angel Kyodo Williams, Lama Rod Owens, Jasmine Syedullah (book)
- "Exit Racism" by Tupoka Ogette (book, German)